Wednesday, December 2, 2009

12 Days of Christmas: Day 4


Besides holding your loved ones closer and giving thanks the holidays are also about giving back. I thought I would share my favorite ways to give back during the holiday season:

1. Dear Santa Program: The Chicago Sun Times runs this awesome Dear Santa program where you receive letters from low income school children in the Chicagoland area asking for small gifts. The letters are priceless! So cute and the kids put so much effort into making them special and sparkly. I still have mine from last year stuck on my fridge.

2. Purchase gifts for a needy family: We participate in the Catholic Charities Sponsor a Family Program every year and we love it. I especially love shopping for the kids.

3. Canned Goods: God knows we have way too much food in our kitchen. Jack stocks up like WWIII is around the corner. My work has a food drive each year where I drop everything off.

Woo-Hoo! I'm already planning my trip to Target this week to buy all my little goodies. Oh, and the plus side to donating canned goods is that I finally have some kitchen space-bonus!

No comments: