Thursday, June 18, 2009

NYC


Jack and I are flying from the Windy City to the Big Apple this weekend! Our stay will be short and sweet but we are going to try and maximize our stay as much as possible. We will spend Friday afternoon/evening in NYC and then Saturday at a dear college friend's wedding in Nyack, NY. Since we only have the afternoon really to explore NYC we are just doing two things: 1). Eat at Market Table and 2). Visit the Empire State Building at night and share a kiss (or two) a la "An Affair to Remember" (if you haven't seen this movie you should!). I found the rec for Market Table via Goop and I'm hoping it lives up to its reputation. This little West Village gem promises to be good with it's focus on fresh seafood and array of tasty desserts. Looks warm and inviting no?


We fly out tomorrow and I still haven't found something to wear to the wedding! I always do things last minute unfortunately. I'm trying to decide between the blue or the raspberry dress from Club Monaco. The wedding will be outdoors with a summery picnic "theme" that reflects the couple to a tee. No fuss, casual and carefree is how I would describe the bride and groom to be. Which dress would you go with? Or perhaps neither? Advice would be greatly appreciated!



(P.S... I went with this dress after it went on sale!)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I think I'd vote for the blue. The bow makes it seem more wedding approriate to me! I love love love club monaco. My sister actually worked for them in b4 she was recruited to Christian Dior. I loved being able to get CM at a discount, although I do have some great bags thanks to her time at CD!! Sadly we don't have a CM in NOLA :-(

Have so much fun this weekend!

Lindsay said...

Ps. I think you need to check out: http://www.thesitsgirls.com/ I hear its a great way to get your blog out infront of more people! I think your blog is fabulous, so more people should see it!!

I haven't used it since technically no one I know in real life knows we are TTC, but I know a girl friend who has and she has tons of readers now. Food for thought!