Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Just not that into you

I usually post about things that keep me inspired but today I'm going to go out on a limb and do a post about certain trends that...well....I'm just not that into. These trends are really hot in the design world right now and I have been quietly waiting for them to wane (well quietly no more). The overkill has gone on long enough. I may get flamed for this, but I'm waiting for the following trends to take a vacation and come back in a couple of years:

1. Zebra carpets: Originally I loved how zebra rugs would diversify a room, make them less stuffy and hip. Now all I see is a dead carcass on someones floor. Ok... perhaps I exaggerate:)



2. Suzanis: I love ethnic prints- love them. I love the workmanship, the history, and the bold burst of color suzanis give to a room. But it's like eating a deep dish Chicago style pizza- one slice is so good but if you grab another slice and another and end up eating the entire pie you are going to make yourself sick.


3. Trellis: I still love the trellis design but on a small scale, say a throw pillow. Or outside in a garden. Just not an entire wallpapered hallway.


4. Keep calm and carry on posters: I pined for the poster at one point in time and then the poster turned into a mug, then to a t-shirt and now to an entry mat. I wonder what's next?


I hope I don't get hate mail from this post! (j/k). I really used to love all the above before they became too trendy and mass-marketed. Any trends you wish would go on vacation?

No comments: