Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Panteek


I love antique hand colored prints, especially in beautiful old frames (yes, yes I know I love my prints!). It is a great way too add a little color and life to one's home. Panteek offers an amazing antique print selection that you should check out when you have time. It's amazing. The above print is titled Arabs & Moors by Charles Theodore Middleton, published in 1778. The camel reminds me of my honeymoon in Morocco!


Here's a map of the "colonies" dated to 1856 by Levasseur, a French engineer and geographer. What's so cool about this print is that it depicts little vignettes, statistics, topographical features and beautiful images of South America.

This is a beautiful print by Adam Perelle of the Luxembourg Gardens that was part of his series titled Veues des plus Beaux Lieux de France et d'Italie. The series were published in Paris circa 1690 by Nicolas Langlois, showcasing the glories of France during the reign of Louis XIV. I adore the jardins de luxembourg, probably more than any other park I have ever visited. Neat huh?

No comments: