Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Favorite Formal Dining Rooms

Ever since I discovered the wonderful blog world of interior design I have been saving images at an alarming rate with every click of my mouse. Each day I open my google reader and I'm inspired to provide a stylish but comfortable home for my family; a place of refuge that exudes our personality and style. Although these blogs have helped me hone my taste there are certain tear sheets that I have accumulated since college that are dear and near to my heart. And most of them are from Southern Accents. Here are some of my favorite dining room images I have collected: (the last two are from style court and cote de texas)

Perhaps its the soothing green color on the walls or the misleading simplicity of this room but I love it. Even the little tassels on the silk curtains (not a big tassels fan). The chair covers steer the room from being too dated and I just dig the bowl of lemons. Why? I don't know. The double chandelier is the statement piece; anything more would make the room fussy. I would kill for those parquet floors!


I love, love, love Aerin Lauder's formal blue dining room (yes, I do deviate from taupe). It reminds me of a dinner party I was invited to by a friend of mine whose sister had a home near Tulane's campus. Her dining room walls were painted peacock blue and it was the first time I ever saw a dining room painted in bold color. It made a big, bold beautiful statement that I would love to emulate one day.


I love this dining room because it looks comfortable and elegant all at the same time. I love the upholstery on the chairs, the antique barometer on the wall and the lovely provencal feel to the room (perhaps its the flowers?).



I love the mix of the formal trumeau and fancy chandelier with the more casual pedestal table and chairs. Don't get me started on the parquet floors! Perfect for a small dining room.


No comments: