Thursday, March 12, 2009

Svenska Mobler and Mark Shaw

You know, I'm pretty lucky. Instead of having a sister who trots off to Cancun or Vegas for Spring Break she'd rather see me. I compensate in a non girls gone wild kind of way:) Chicago is a big city but for a resident it doesn't feel that way because of it's neighborhoody feel. That is until you have someone come visit. Then you realize how much there is to see and do! This year I plan on taking my sister to visit all the galleries and furniture stores on Wells Street. It really is a treat for the eyes. One stop along the way will be Svenska Mobler; a Swedish antiques store that also offers some gorgeous modern pieces, lighting and a fine selection of Mark Shaw photography.

Mark Shaw's work is instantly recognizable around the world. Who can forget the gorgeous photos taken of the Kennedy family leading up to the 1960 Presidential Election? He was also prolific in his fashion photography and his work highly collectible. Looking at these photos are inspiring; it reminds me to put on that lipstick before I head out the door and to hold my head up high. Enjoy!








1 comment:

rakesh said...

Hi,

Nice blog and very beautiful images and thanks for share your knowledge with us.

Regards
möbler