Tuesday, January 13, 2009

GOOP



A friend of mine informed me of GOOP, Gwyneth Paltrow's website devoted to living and eating healthy. I really enjoyed perusing the site; it's well written, the visuals are great (the content even better) and Ms. Paltrow comes across sincere and down to earth. I think it's a misnomer to associate Paltrow with eating twigs and berries; the lady obviously thinks allot about the quality and taste of her food and enjoys cooking. The turkey rago recipe she features looks delicious. I read on and her most current newsletter about detox struck a chord. Although I've spent the last month traveling and being for the most part "active", I feel sluggish, unhealthy and spent. For the most part I eat in moderation but my food intake has not been very healthy. Paltrow details a 7 day detox plan filled with recipes that actually sound tasty to eat. Although Paltrow is no doctor she does make clear that this kind of detox should be cleared by a doctor first.

So... I'm thinking of doing it! The recipes for the detox actually sound good and the thought of purging my insides of impurities is even better. I'm desperately going to miss my morning coffee and my occasional and unhealthy grazing but I think it would be a good kick start to thinking about my food intake in a more responsible manner. So any takers out there??? What are your thoughts on detox diets?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hey Girl! Just saw your comment on my blog. I'm so glad you finally got to have your NOLA wedding! I want to see picts! ~LTF525