Monday, January 19, 2009

Cocktail Music

For the wedding we were going for a dinner party vibe and we wanted our music choices to reflect that intimate ambiance. We could have gone for a small jazz ensemble but we wanted variety and there are songs we love that just don’t sound the same when replicated. So we went down the iPod route and it went surprisingly well except for a few snafus at the start of the reception. If you are going to use an iPod make sure you have someone designated to operate the different playlists and have a trial run with the music system at the venue first so there are no mishaps. My sister and I worked together on the playlists but none of us were familiar with the system (and the wait staff were not familiar with my sister’s iPod) to make it run smoothly. SO….. we had a bit of trouble getting the music started during cocktail hour but once we got it going it went great! Despite the small inconvenience at the beginning (which could have been alleviated if I followed my own advice) I wouldn’t have changed a thing.

I loved putting together the reception music selections with my sister. Loved it. I'm planning on creating a CD filled with all of our songs as gifts to our loved ones. We received many requests for the playlist so I thought I would share it here with all of you. To start here is our cocktail hour music selection:


A couple of our songs were an ode to our engagement in Paris and then we played some of our favorite classic Jazz and Latin tunes. It was relaxed, fun and nice to listen too. What's great is that we can use these playlists for dinner parties we may have down the road. We saved good ol' Blue Eyes for dinner and dancing. More music selections to come!

No comments: