Friday, January 23, 2009

A Perfect Night's Sleep


Deciding on our wedding hotel block turned out to be pretty easy. The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans met all of our needs: it was close to the reception site (close enough to walk), great amenities, great price, and a little luxury for all. But my absolute favorite part of staying at the Ritz-Carlton was the quality of the beds. We never felt so rested or comfortable; it was like sleeping on clouds. No tossing or turning. No lying awake at night. It was amazing. Only problem is realizing that your bed back home doesn't even come close to providing the zen like sleep that is suddenly so elusive. At first I thought it was stress, but no- having the wedding behind us has been a huge stress relief. Then it hit me; I miss the Ritz-Carlton bed.

We decided it was time we make a little investment in our quality of life. We've been putting off buying a new mattress for a while and it's finally a good time to do it. It turns out I didn't have to look too far because the Ritz-Carlton has a website devoted to selling products it uses in its hotels (from sleep wear to home products). The Ritz partnered with Sealy for their trade marked Ritz-Carlton Sleep Experience and with Pacific Coast Feather Company for it's pillows, feather beds etc. We went ahead and ordered the mattress, feather bed and pillows. The sheets will be an investment we will make down the road but for now we are thrilled. I'll let you know if our sleep is as good as it was at the Ritz!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

OMG, the ritz sells its bedding. This is the best information I have ever heard. Now how exactly can I convience DH that we need to buy a new mattress when we got a new one 1.5 years ago... hum...

Caroline said...

Isn't that crazy? I was pretty suprised myself. I can't wait to get a good night's sleep! I've been complaining about my mattress for the past 5 years but never got around to getting rid of it. I can't wait!