Monday, December 1, 2008

Lace Veil

I did a post a while back on antique lace restoration and my sister and I decided to go with Gentle Arts for the restoration of our antique handmade point de gaze lace (with gorgeous double petaled tulips and roses). Leigh Reveley has been working diligently on our veil and we opted to have the lace re-attached to beautiful silk tulle. The silk tulle is a little less stiff and voluminous than nylon tulle but we wanted to go for authenticity so we stuck with the silk tulle. I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the restored lace veil (any day now!) and to calm my nerves Leigh emailed me some before and after photos. Here is a glimpse of the cleaned repaired lace (no more holes!!!!!)

BEFORE:

AFTER:



*UPDATE: I received my veil!!! Leigh Reveley saved the day---she did an amazing job. I can't recommend her enough!

No comments: