Saturday, July 12, 2008

Antique Lace Restoration

I know I've been talking allot about lace lately. It's been on my mind since I have been looking for someone to work on my family's antique mixed lace veil. It's hard to find expert restorers that work exclusively with handmade antique lace; as I said previously the art form is on it's way out and it's harder to find those that have the expertise to care for it. Two people come to mind that I thought I'd share for anyone else in my predicament. You really can't go wrong with either one, they are both phenomenal:




Many of you may have seen Lynn's work in Martha Stewart and Bride's magazine. She's very well known for taking different antique lace style trims and creating brand new veils out of them. She does amazing restoration work and resides in New York.




Janice Martin Bridal & Couture:

Janice Martin is well known for being entrusted with the restoration of Gracy Kelly's veil by the Philadelphia Museum of Art. She comes highly recommended.


Princess Grace Veil

*UPDATE: Bryce Reveley also does lace restoration and is based out of New Orleans. She is owner of Gentle Arts

No comments: