Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sweets Overload


Help! My teeth are about to fall out of my head! I'm looking at a list of desserts we would love to serve at the wedding for our dessert table and I want to serve them all. But I can't. It would be a sweets overload. So I need to pare down my list and I'm having trouble deciding what to axe. Keep in mind that we do plan on serving a wedding cake and the wedding will be small. But everything just looks so good!!!! I'm thinking we either do the café au lait or eggnog and if we did the beignet station that would probably be the only accompaniment to the cake. So I'm enlisting your opinions- what are your favorites?

Croquembouche
Passed Pate a Choux Pastry filled with Grande Marnier Crème, Chocolate Mousse and Lemon Curd drizzled in Caramelized Sugar
*
Bûche de Noël
Small almond dacquoise with a delicate almond blanc-mange, surrounded by a toasted almond mousse
*
Assorted Chocolate Truffles
Hand rolled dark and milk chocolate truffles
*
Macaroons
An assortment of raspberry, chocolate, pistachio and passion fruit French Macaroons
*
Beignet Station & Café au Lait
Traditional Pate a Choux Pastry dusted with powdered sugar served with Chicory Café au Lait
*
Entremets
An Assortment of Entremets (petite individual sized mousse cakes)
1. Chocolate and Pear
A buttery pecan cake with layers of Madagascan chocolate mousse, poached Anjou pears and a delicate Poire William chiboust.
2. Bananas Foster
Vanilla sponge cake with sautéed bananas and a rum crème brulee encased in a velvety vanilla mousse.
3. Brown Butter Apple Tart
A delicate pate sable crust filled with a brown butter infused fragipan, topped with roasted Fuji apples.
4. Bluet
An ethereal balance of lavender mousse with a jewel of fresh blueberry gelée.
*
Gingersnaps & Eggnog
Brandied Eggnog served with a petite Black Pepper Gingersnap
*

No comments: