Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Biedermeier Styled Wedding

I was at the bookstore looking at all the current bridal magazines when I came across an Elegant Bride's piece on a "Biedermeier" styled wedding. Jack could see my eyes pop out of my head and I could hear him thinking "Here we go again...". I think Elegant Bride did a spectacular job re-creating the elegance and feel of the Biedermeier period. But mostly I was tickled pink because I've been obsessed with Biedermeier furniture for years now. After I wiped the slobber off my face and bought the magazine I started going through my huge Biedermeier file at home filled with magazine clippings, historical details and listings of my favorite stores. Yet again, I was re-inspired. Here are some drool worthy pics:


I never thought pink fondant would look this good. And I don't even like fondant. It's the ribbon like ornamentation that makes me weak in the knees. It reminds me of the bows and swags on my lace veil. Also- take a look at those french macaroons!!!!


The blonde veneer commode also makes me weak in the knees. I love the combination of fruits and flowers as a decorative element. The soft pinks pairs surprisingly well with the dark plums and reds of the fruit. The above reminds me of Dutch still-life.

No comments: