Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fountain of Youth


Holy shine batman! Someone get me some face blotters ASAP. Here I am with Jack on my b-day. Jack is truly happy inside, he's just not smiling because he thinks he smiles goofy. I disagree.

I'm still in my 20's but barely. My attitude on aging has changed just a bit... I have to admit that I have become obsessed with sunscreen and I'm using anti-aging creams like it's my lifeline (yes, I even use them on my laugh lines). I can't stop the clock, nor am I freaked out about getting older but dammit I can try to look the best I can! According to my mom, looking good only involves the following (here is her fountain of youth recipe in no particular order):

-anti-aging creams
-exercise
-lots of good quality sex
-a good nights sleep
-laughter

She looks amazing for being almost 60 (sorry Mom- I divulged your age) so I think she is on to something.

Anyway, my parents sent me flowers (roses of course!) and I got a beautiful bouquet of hydrangeas and peonies from Jack. He left work early and commuted across the ctiy picking up some of my favorite things (cupcakes, flowers, chocolates, Colombian food) and surprised me at home. He is so incredibly thoughtful! Later that evening we went to Frontera Grill, my favorite restaurant in Chicago. Ever heard of Rick Bayless? Top Chef Masters? It's his baby and his food is amazing. You have to make reservations months in advance but boy is it worth it. It was a great birthday and my entire family made me feel very special indeed.

No comments: