Thursday, March 11, 2010

Feeling Safe


It's been a little stressful with school and work (I have several workshops I'm presenting at next week) and there is nothing better than coming home to the one you love and having all the stress from your day just melt away. Jack is and always will be my safe harbor... he makes things all that much rosier for me. Here's a wonderful poem that reminds me of one of the many things I love about being married. It's written by George Eliot, one of my favorite authors:

"Oh the comfort of feeling safe
with a person;
having neither to weigh thoughts,
nor measure words,
but to pour them all out
just as they are,
chaff and grain together,
certain that a faithful hand
will take and sift them,
keeping what is worth keeping
and with a breath of kindness,
blow the rest away"

George Eliot



No comments: