Monday, March 1, 2010

Birthday Goals


I usually set my yearly goals on my birthday in June instead of New Years. For some reason it feels more attainable and realistic. This past year I really tried to set attainable goals. As Spring is coming closer I'm going to be doing a little inventory of where I stand with my goals so I stay focused on trying to achieve them. Each month brings a new opportunity to stay on the right track and I'm excited to share with you what I have on my agenda through June! Jack always gets me cupcakes from Swirlz for my birthday so maybe this year I'll have a candle for each goal I achieve:)

Be Healthy:

1. Train and run a race with Jack. It will be good for us to accomplish something together while getting in shape. The St. Paddy's Day Run has our names all over it. Done!
2. Make working out part of my daily routine
3. Come up with a healthy eating plan that is realistic
4. Buy organic milk and veggies
5. Don't sweat the small stuff

Nurture Hobbies:

6. Create a book club
7. Go sailing with Jack more often
8. Finally go to Ravinia for picnic/music
9. Learn how to ride a motorcycle
10. Go on low-key weekend getaways more often
11. Chronicle life's moments; take more photographs

Pursue a New Career:

12. Finish graduate program. The goal is so close and it is finally within reach! This is the year to graduate and move on to bigger and better things
13. Start an internship: I should look at internship programs to get my feet wet.
14. Map out long term career plan

Home Improvement:

15. Have a guest ready home at all times; clean, organized and well maintained. That includes cleaning out the car once a week
16.Be more earth friendly: Use non disposable grocery bags from either Flip & Tumble or Baggu Done!
17. Buy fresh flowers regularly

Other:
18. Contribute to favorite charities as often as possible
19. Write handwritten thank you cards
20. Keep up with friends
21. Create and print honeymoon book using Blurb
22. Complete Family Photo project and buy frames

No comments: