Monday, November 16, 2009

Christmas Shopping: For the Guys


I have a long set of goals I've been working on these past six months and one of them is to get my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving. There is nothing I hate more than strolling through crowded malls frantically trying to find something last minute. But not this year! Shopping for Jack is a tricky thing because he rarely asks for anything. I think part of that is because the things he really wants are incredibly expensive (how about that sailboat hun?) and he usually takes good care of buying the inexpensive things he needs in advance. So while we save away for that sailboat I have to find a middle ground in gift giving. Here's a short list of cool things to get for that special man in my life:

1. Navigation Set: I'm thinking Jack will put this elegant navigation set from West Marine to good use next week during our Key West Thanksgiving vacation. Can't wait!

2. Briefcase: I have had a devil of a time trying to find a tough, durable yet ruggedly stylish briefcase for Jack. His is pretty worn down and he desperately needs a new one. This one from Filson looks promising.

3. Chocolates: Because nothing says I love you like a bottle of beer and bacon chocolate from Vosges Chocolates. Yes, bacon chocolate. It really is delicious- trust me.

4. Slippers: Jack hates wearing socks at home so his feet get super cold in the winter time. Ugg scuff romeo slippers should do the trick (I hope!)

P.S. Honey- one day that sailboat will come!

No comments: