Friday, September 25, 2009

On My Radar

Last weekend we had Jack's dad pay us a surprise visit and he came with a bunch of farm goodies; a big jug of farm honey, fresh apple pie made by my mother in law (with the flakiest crust-I need to get the recipe!) and chokecherry juice that I plan on turning into syrup to drizzle over pancakes this Sunday. We have much to do but hopefully we can pack in the following:

1. Breakfast: I mentioned pancakes with chokecherry syrup but I'm going to try my hand at making creme brulee oatmeal- I might as well use up my torch! This past week though I've been eating Greek yogurt for breakfast like it's no tomorrow- it is highly addictive. Once you go Greek you never turn back... Greek yogurt is thicker, has more tang and it feels like you are eating dessert (yes it's higher in fat and calories compared to regular yogurt). It's worth it though. I like to drizzle honey and walnuts over my yogurt or you can drizzle a reduced berry syrup. I'm partial to the 2% Fage brand which you can buy at your local Whole Foods.


2. Chicago Antique Market: I've heard great things about this open air market and hopefully it will turn out well because I'm in desperate need of a new coffee table. Maybe I'll see you there!


Have a great weekend!

No comments: