Monday, September 14, 2009

Hove Parfumeur


I love gardenias. I had them in my hair, my bouquet and in Jack's boutonnière on our wedding day. Although they are very fragile and brown easily the fragrance lasted all day long. I made such a big stink about buying the perfect wedding day perfume when the only thing Jack and I could smell were the gardenias. It made a lasting impression.


The day after our wedding, Jack and I were walking around the French Quarter when we walked by Hove Parfumeur, a small perfumery that makes custom fragrances. To my surprise Jack insisted on buying me a little vial of gardenia perfume to remember our wedding day but the vial of perfume met its sad demise on our honeymoon trip in Morocco. I forgot about it but Jack would bring it up sometimes. On a field trip to the flower market he almost brought back an entire gardenia tree, just because I like gardenias so much. Although I appreciated the thought having a gardenia tree in the apartment would have been impractical:)


Instead I got a small little package yesterday from New Orleans that made me smile real big. I got my little vial of gardenia perfume! Doesn't sound very grandiose but wearing it brings back fond memories for both of us. It's a very beautiful and womanly scent. If you are in the New Orleans area make sure to visit Hove- their custom fragrances are beautiful, they last all day long and they are affordable.

No comments: