Friday, July 17, 2009

On My Radar

It's going to be hopefully a very fun filled active weekend (especially after the stress of last week!). During my downtime I'm hoping to finish the delightful autobiography by Julia Child. Its truly an excellent read. I'm riveted by her stories of Paris, the famed Le Cordon Bleu and her path towards finding and fulfilling her passions. Truly an inspiring woman.



I've read all the press and the rave reviews of Valentino: The Last Emperor and I'm determined to see it! I'm curious to learn more about the famous couturier; his rise in fashion, his quirks and how he creates his amazing designs. It will be out in the Chicago theatres on August 22 at the Gene Siskel Film Center. Check out the website when you get a chance.

Our weekend will be packed but in a good way! Friends of ours asked us to check out the 101st Race to Mackinac that kicks off tomorrow. It's a big to do around these parts, especially if you are into sailing. I've never been to Mackinac Island but I'm hoping to go this Fall with Jack for a quick getaway weekend. We won't be racing tomorrow, just sailing and watching the race from afar. It should be an all day event (0r until the beer runs out). Oh boy.

On Sunday I'm running a 10K! I decided to participate in a 10K run this Sunday for CATCH YOUR BREATH, A Women and Lung Health Initiative by the Respiratory Heart Association. A friend of mine asked if I wanted to run it with her after her running partner backed out last minute and I said yes. I probably shouldn't commit to making decisions like that on a whim but heck, it should be fun and I'm doing it for a good cause. As long as I get a nice massage and a lox bagel (my traditional after run breakfast) afterwards I'm good to go!

I hope all of you have a great weekend!

No comments: