Saturday, April 11, 2009

On My Radar

It's Easter peeps! I'm lucky to have a three day weekend so besides doing school work I also have the following on my radar for this weekend:


1. Reading A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg (of Orangette blog fame). This is a quasi autobiography mixed in with some delicious recipes. Although I think my family has the best banana bread recipe around I'm anxious to try her chocolate and ginger variation. Yum.


2. Easter Dinner: Rack of lamb is one of Jack's favorites so I'm going to roll up my sleeves and make a valiant attempt tomorrow. I found this delicious sounding recipe from the Food Network: Crusted Fresh Herbed Rack of Lamb with Potato Leek Gratin and Roasted Garlic Sauce. I'm going to make an asparagus side to go with it and for dessert Creme Brulee! Move out of the way, the torch is coming!!


3. Shopping at Porte Rouge: I'm so sad this little gem is going out of business. They are selling many of their items at discounted price so we are going to go over and take a look. We did our wedding registry here and they were wonderful to work with (I love the porcelain dinnerware my in laws bought for us). We are going to see if they have any discounted lagioule knives and buy extra souffle dishes.

4. Savoring Farm Honey: My in-laws shipped us fresh clover honey collected from their farm. It usually comes to us in a big jug and we pour it into smaller containers for easy use. And yes, it really is better than store bought honey!

I hope you guys have a wonderful Easter weekend!!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

We need a full report on how the rack of lamb went! I've never cooked it but always wanted to. So if yours came out good I might try that recipe! I hope you all had a great easter!

Lindsay said...

Hey, a friend of mine sent me this website and I thought it might be up your allie. It doesn't cost anything to "become a member"
https://www.onekingslane.com/

Caroline said...

Going to check website right now. Oh, I made a recap up above:)I hope you try it (and tell me how it goes!) It was really yummy. I didn't say this up above but I think this will be our new Easter dinner tradition. It was that good.