Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Bird of Paradise


I'm a huge Planet Earth geek. I come home from work and I can sit and watch discovery channel all day long. It's a sickness Jack does not share. During one of my weekend Planet Earth marathons they profiled the gorgeous and crazy male bird of paradise putting on a display in search of a mate. If you haven't seen it you MUST! Anyway, I jokingly told Jack it was too bad he never put on such a display for moi (I guess I fell for him to quickly to give him the chance!) and not to be outdone he put on a crazy little dance/demonstration for me and it's now his new stand up routine. When I'm grumpy, or down and out he does his little shimmy and I peal with laughter every time. I usually have tears coming down my face from laughing so hard. Ah, the silly things we do for our loved ones:) I must say I feel properly courted!

In ode to the bird of paradise (and of course my husband), I'm thinking of getting some pretty antique hand colored bird prints from Panteek to hang on my walls down the road. I've reached my art quota for the year because my lovely husband got me this! And yes, I have proudly hung my Audrey silkscreen for the world to see! So next year I have my eyes set on getting these beauties and a couple of antique maps to boot (more on that later). The bird of paradise and the macaw below would do the trick:

No comments: