Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Marry in Blue, Lover be True

Before Queen Victoria popularized the white wedding gown, the most popular color to be married in was blue. In ancient Rome, blue represented purity and fidelity which was then syncretized by the early Christians and came to symbolize the same in the form of the pale blue robes of Mary. Blue was then forever tied with the concept of purity. I've always associated the color blue, especially baby blue, as a feminine color. In fact it's my favorite color. With that said, I'm hoping to include touches of blue during my wedding day. To date the only touch of blue I have is on my garter so I have been brainstorming on what other discrete touches of blue I can add. How will you be incorporating the color blue? Here are some of my favorite images/ideas I have come across:


Gorgeous Adrienne Landau pale-blue capelet to the left (Image Source). Larisa Barrera purse to the right (Image Source)

Festoon your getaway car in pale blue ribbon (Image Source)



If blue is your main color for the day you can use this beautiful pale blue invitation set by Lettered Olive as inspiration (Image Source)

No comments: