Thursday, May 1, 2008

Blue Bicycle

The drudgery of fall and winter is finally over! I never, ever take Spring/Summer for granted after surviving 5 Chicago winters (I don't think I'm alone here). Despite the miserable winters, Chicago is a fun and wonderful city when warm. With the advent of Spring you have unruly cubs fans taking up parking near our apartment (I'm a sox's fan), lakefront pollution- (watch out you might grow an extra toe after swimming in Lake Michigan), and horrible traffic. All joking aside though, I couldn't be happier. To add to my good mood we took out our bikes from storage:


Here's my classic ladies blue schwinn we bought last year. Isn't she pretty?? She doesn't go very fast (it's made for the leisurely ride not for racing) but I love my blue bicycle. I pimped my ride by adding a basket on the front and a new seat for comfort. We got our bikes from A Nearly New Shop on 3826 N. Broadway and the service is amazing. Ron has a passion for Schwinn's; he lovingly restores them and offers great customer service. Check it out when you have time.


Jack with Big Blue



We also planted some flowers. I don't have much of a green thumb so let's hope they grow.


This is what has Jack grinning from ear to ear. His brand spanking new grill.

No comments: