Sunday, May 4, 2008

Towle

Without further ado, I give you my silver pattern of choice: Towle's "Old Master". It's classic and refined but not overly fussy. Towle has been a leader of the American silver industry since 1690 and still continue to produce exceptional silverware. I'm in love.


Here's a fun little excerpt from the Southern Belle Primer on "Old Master":

"Old Master girls have spirit but don't drift too far away from tradition. Because of this they are fiercely attached to their family heirlooms. One Texas belle got thirty place settings of her groom's grandmother's Old Master as a wedding gift. When she got a divorce, she took her husband to court over the Old Master and let him keep the Cadillac without a whimper."

That's me in a nutshell:) Now I just have to figure out what formal place setting to set my eyes on!

No comments: