Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Dreaded Bridesmaid Dress

Anytime I see a deviation from the traditional bridesmaid dress line-up I squeal with glee. It's refreshing to see a bride let her closest confidants express themselves stylishly. From the start my mom thought the need for a whole bridal party completely unnecessary and found my insistence down right bridezilla. The idea of matching gowns made my mom cringe and say, "Why would your friends want to wear the same dress at a party?". It makes me cringe too Mom. In Colombia you have two witnesses and that's it. It's really only here in the U.S. where the bridal party get-up is a full fledged industry.

So when I heard about Jenna Bush's plans for her bridesmaid's at The Bride's Guide I was inspired. I thought to myself "Perfect- a compromise!!". Designer Lela Rose is outfitting all of Jenna's bridesmaids in a design of their choice with 7 different colors choices made out of crinkle silk chiffon. Lucky bridesmaids! Jenna's twin Barbara who is Maid of Honor will stand alone with Jenna at the alter (with groom of course!). I think the varying but coordinating colors and just having the maid of honor and best man at the alter with us would work great.

No comments: