Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weekend Getaway


Jack and I went on a nice long trip to Napa/San Francisco this past weekend (hence the hiatus) and we forgot our camera! I have no photos of this memorable weekend. This makes me sad because this trip was planned to celebrate Jack's 30th birthday (it was sort of a surprise). The birthday boy was truly wined and dined and...well...so was I! Now that it's not such a surprise I can post on all the lovely things we saw and experienced.

I truly feel at home when I visit San Fran (or as my Mom likes to call it... San Pacho). I'm a third generation Californian and I have been itching to move back some day. The only other place I consider to be like "home" is New Orleans. Despite the fact that I don't have an ounce of Southern blood running through me I'm always treated like family when we go back. In fact both cities have many similarities; both are European in feel, they have taken food, music and drink and elevated all three to the highest of art forms and both welcome all kinds of eccentricity. Anyway, it truly was relaxing to get away; sometimes the mind, heart and soul need a little TLC. This was Jack's first time to San Fran and I'm so glad he enjoyed it! Weekend getaways are a must!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh no!! I can't believe you forgot your camera. I would love to hear what ya'll did. We're dying to do a napa trip.