Monday, May 18, 2009

Favorite Bed: Lit a la Polonaise


I've been busy organizing and cataloging all of my tear sheet and saved images and it dawned on me that I've saved way too many images with Lit a la Polonaise beds (I also love the campaign beds). I'm obsessed with these beds. I don't know that much about them but I do know they are french styled 18th century beds that were usually prettied up with luxurious fabrics and trimmings. They are fanciful and eye-catching and they definitely give the four poster a run for its money! If only my ceilings were tall enough for my dream polonaise! The above image is my favorite bedroom of all time designed by Mary Evelyn McKee. The soothing creams and blues with touches of pink, the dressed bed... all put my heart aflutter. I did a little research and a couple of companies carry the Lit a la Polonaise and campaign styled bed: Anthropologie, Beaudesert Beds and Niermann Weeks.


Here's a pretty room designed by Miles Redd with a unadored campaign bed. No need for adornment when your walls are covered with such beautiful wallpaper!

Domino


Maire Claire Maison


Charlotte Moss

No comments: