Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thrill of the Hunt


I've used ebay off and on the past year or so and its been for small miscellaneous items (out of print books, games, cd's, paintball items for Jack etc). I'm usually very sceptical of beauty products being sold on ebay (an expensive eye cream could be in reality a fancy bottle filled with a generic substance) and couture items being sold for pennies. I tend to think that these items are fakes or have been used. But sometimes you have reputable sellers that are just trying to sell surplus inventory. I've been on the lookout for a nice dress to wear to my brother's wedding this October; a Fall inspired color, knee length and in silk. I was warned by my mother that I better start looking for something nice since she had to look at the photos for the rest of her life... (both of us are on the same page). I took a chance on a sweet little dress above by Carolina Herrera from her Fall 08 line whose starting price was what I would pay for any normal dress at Nordstroms. I only had one other bidder competing against me and I won! Only 50 bucks above the starting price. Holy cow was my adrenaline going. I hope this is not the start of a bad habit to come!

Anyway, I was on pins and needles waiting for the dress to arrive hoping that it was what I thought I paid for. I pulled it out of its package and it was everything I hoped it would be and more. I was so freakin' relieved! It was brand spanking new and in perfect condition. The material is a lightweight combination of shimmery blues, copper and yellow silk with metallic threads throughout the dress. I love the crystal clips on the neckline. I just thought I would share my triumph and I hope you guys like it as much as I do! Now, I need to find shoes to match... what color do you recommend? I'm thinking I will pull my hair up into a simple chignon and let the dress shine on its own. Suggestions are appreciated!!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I think you should buy some chocolate brown shoes that have a little bit of a shine to them! Although the dress is multi-colored, it has more earth tones in it and brown will, if not match all of the colors, it will compliment all of them.