Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Cleaning

It's finally warming up here in Chicago so it's time for the dreaded Spring cleaning. Fortunately Jack has been a good sport and is helping me out with my long task list this week. Last night I finished folding and packing all of our sweaters we dry cleaned along with our winter accessories. Out came the light weather clothes! I can't wait to wear skirts again but I'm so ungodly pale right now:)

I love to organize but I honestly hate cleaning. But once I get into the groove of cleaning my place I love seeing our home shine. I came across Mrs. Meyers products that I was going to share and I thought heck, I might as well share my favorite cleaning and organizing products. What helps your home stay organized and clean?

1. Cedar and Lavender Sachets
After I dry clean or wash all sweaters/jackets I store them in plastic containers I bought from the Container Store. Jack bought me some really nice smelling cedar sachets that I put in the bottom of each container to ward off moths and other insects (it also keeps your clothes smelling fresh too).


2. Mrs. Meyers Cleaning Products
Mrs. Myers products are biodegradable, actually get the job done and come in a variety of scents (sans the harsh chemical hospital smell you get from most cleaning products). Bed, Bath and Beyond and Whole Foods carry Mrs. Myers.


3. Cedar Hangers.
I hate the look of plastic hangers. I've been living with them for years and I'm finally starting to supplement my wardrobe with cedar hangers slowly but surely. You can also get these from Bed, Bath and Beyond (a more economical option) and they will keep your closet smelling fresh and looking good.


4. Garment Bags
I store all my nice clothing in these hanging natural cotton garment bags from The Container Store.



5. Russell & Hazel Storage products
They come in cute colors and help store my enormous magazine collection. The boxes help keep my knick knacks out of the way.


No comments: