Thursday, February 19, 2009

Script

I love Style Court. It's a fabulous blog filled with wonderful decorating ideas and written with much style and panache. So my heart went a flutter when Courtney Barnes did a post on Carolyn Quatermaine, a textile designer, artist and stylist. Her "Script" styled textile designs immediately reminded me of the calling card designs featured in New Orleans artist Angele Parlange's book called Creole Thrift. Unfortunately Angele closed up shop and her designs are not available anymore but I'm so glad I came across Carolyn Quatermaine! I'm also a sucker for her flower designs as well. I would kill to have a pair of bergeres in her fabric! (Image via Oh Joy!)



Here are two designs from the calling card line by Angele Parlange (Images via Style Court):




Love the hot pink!

No comments: