Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Singing in the Rain

Image Source


Can I go in... pretty please? I am still kicking myself for not going into Madeleine Gely when I had the chance. I just stood in front of the shop, aching to go in but feeling overwhelmed I didn't. I just stood there like an idiot face pressed to the glass. Now that I'm older and wiser I am no longer intimidated! I'm on the hunt for a pretty umbrella and I wish I could take a quick trip to Paris so I could live in this store. More to come on my umbrella hunt!

Image Source

Madeleine Gelly was founded in 1834 and it is located on Boulevard St. Germain. The store is crammed with beautiful umbrellas from floor to ceiling along with walking sticks, parasols and other beautiful accessories. In 2002 Alexandra Sojfer took over her family's umbrella business founded by her grandfather Georges Gaspar and joined forces with Madeleine Gelly. They offer a variety of umbrellas in various sizes, colors with a price range that is accommodating. Everything is handmade with the finest materials and the cost is worth it. If you have an antique umbrella or one that needs fixing they also restore and repair on the side.

No comments: