Friday, May 9, 2008

Karyl Pierce Paxton

Can I sit here please? French parlour suit with a Libas silk stripe

In my search for all things Paul Gruer I came across this article in House Beautiful on designer Karyl Pierce Paxton's gorgeous 1897 side hall Queen Anne cottage in New Orleans. The decor is eclectic in a way that is unique to New Orleans; a combination of formal space with austere catholic works of art, African sculptures, with bright punches of color against a monochromatic backdrop. I get teased quite a bit for my love of neutrals but I really admire Karyl 's ability at putting together different aesthetics that in the end manage to meld together beautifully in a neutral setting.


My love for the orange embroidered silk curtains knows no bounds. Love how the chairs are upholstered in matching silk from the Silk Trading Company.

Beautiful chandelier noted


Specially designed Paul Gruer sconces and Mario Villa drawing




Doesn't this bathroom look serene? The french doors open out to a New Orleans styled coutryard.

No comments: