Thursday, May 8, 2008

Chandelier

I've been lusting for a pretty chandelier for our bedroom for quite some time. Nothing overly fussy but something modern with a historical perspective. Two designers from New Orleans come to mind:

The first is Julie Neill. I think her work is fabulous. She has a store on Magazine Street and has a blog called Bayou Contessa. The first chandelier is called "Robyn". It's glazed with a beautiful bronze gilt (all photos via Julie Neill website):



This one is called "Victoria". This one has more whimsy- (love the chandelier drops at the top! It looks like a little crown).



The second artist I'm really into is Paul Gruer. His works have a touch of fantasy and they scream New Orleans to me. This one is called "Fume". It's a three branch chandelier with putty glazed blossoms and silver accents. You can currently obtain Paul Gruer chandeliers from LeylaGrace (all photos via LeylaGrace):



Here is the "Mignon" chandelier. Love the dangling stars.



Both artists also create custom work so give them a call if you have something in mind. So help me decide: Which chandelier do you prefer?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm a huge fan of Paul Gruer as well, and love the Mignon Chandelier. I went to the Leyla Grace website and found several things I would like to order. When I try to checkout, I get a message that the seller has no "payment gateway." Have you ordered anything from Leyla Grace? If so, do you have their contact information? It's not listed on the website.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Caroline said...

Hi Jennifer. It looks like the Leyla Grace site is down. I actually planned on contacting Paul Gruer for my order. Here is his email address:
paulgruer@cox.net
Let me know how it goes!!