Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sucre

{All images from the Sucre website}

I try to visit New Orleans at least once a year. It's my Mecca for food, design, antiques, architecture, and music. I thank my lucky stars that I lived there for the short time I did (prior to the hurricane) and if we could move there again I would in a heartbeat. After postponing our overseas wedding the most logical place to have the catholic ceremony was of course in New Orleans. It's where Jack and I met (in college of all places), where many of our friends still live and where our sense of nostalgia still holds strong. I've already started creating my agenda for places to see again and new places to try with my sister (who will finally be 21 thank god) for our fall visit prior to the wedding in December. On my list is Sucre; a quaint "sweets boutique" created by restauranteur Joel Dondis and helmed by renowned pastry chef Tariq Hanna. The list of Sucre creations includes an "assortment of decadent pastries, one of a kind chocolates, rich gelatos and rack brewed coffee." Yum. What caught my attention though was their "French Macaroon" similar to the ones I posted from Laduree:

I love their packaging and although they don't have the extensive flavor list Laduree has at least they have pistachio!!!


My sister goes nuts over pate de fruits- the raspberry looks yummy

I love their "hat boxes". The small hat box features: 18 piece New Orleans chocolate collection, one dozen french macaroons, the lightest marshmallows, and chocolate covered cashews. I wonder if they do customized hat boxes? If they are as good as they sound I might include a box of macaroons as part of the welcome gift boxes we will be making.

No comments: