Monday, April 28, 2008

Real Weddings: Lauren Davis


I think I know where Jenna Bush got her bridesmaid dress color inspiration from. Jenna and her sister Barbara were both guests at the lavish wedding of Lauren Davis to billionaire Andres Santo Domingo in beautiful Cartagena, Colombia. Lauren got her bridesmaid color inspiration from the multi-hued colors of the limed washed walls of the sixteenth-century Iglesia de Santo Domingo (connection perhaps??). Check out Ms. Shortcake's fun post on this wedding on Weddingbee.

Lauren's dress was made by Theyskens for Atelier Nina Ricci and took approximately 1200 hours to make. What I like most about the dress is how the silk jacquard is woven with peony blooms embroidered with vintage lace, feathers and silver threads. I appreciate the workmanship and time it took to make the gown, but what I really love about this wedding is that it took place in Cartagena and the beautiful bridesmaid gowns (they almost stole the show!)

No comments: