Monday, September 14, 2009

Pretty Book Covers


It seems like everyone in the blog world is talking about Penguin's Classic Series today so I won't go into too much detail but I will direct you to Design*Sponge so you can read about it further. I will say that I am completely and utterly enthralled with Coralie Bickford-Smith's hard back book cover designs for Penguin and I'm sure the series will be collectors items some day. You can currently buy 8 out of 10 of last years series release (last year because they were released in the UK and have finally jumped the pond) on Amazon and Penguin is due to release another series coming up this October (let the countdown begin). Now, hopefully those that are buying these little beauties for their design aesthetic will take the time to read them too! I know I will.

Coralie has worked at Penguin for over 6 yrs and here are some other notable works that she has done:

The Arabian Night's Gift Set:
Isn't the Poems for Life cover divine?


And last but not least the newest series due in October::

No comments: